BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 1, 2011

Knee Surgery Update!

(for those of you who go o church with me, this exactly the same thing that went out on the prayer chain! Just thought I'd save you some reading!). :)

I had my 6 week post-op appointment today. I came away with better news than I expected, but we still aren't out of the woods yet. Beginning today I am able to drive; however, even though I have been cleared to drive I will be on the crutches for up to 4 more weeks. I am now able to put 25% of my weight back on my right leg as I crutch this week. Next week I will hopefully do 50%, the third week 75% and then close to 100% (but still with crutches) by the 4th week. The recovery for this knee surgery has been unbelievable! Although things seem to be progressing nicely, I am still unable to take care of my kids on my own, so things are still very stressful. Please continue to pray for my recovery, as well as the stress of taking care of our kids since my mom and Monica return to work next week. (They have been helping all summer because they both work in elementary schools.) There is light at the end of my tunnel, I just have to wait patiently for the ride to end!

0 comments: