BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dr. Appointment

I had another routine doctors appointment yesterday and have a few things to report. Rachel seems to be doing fine, big still, but fine. (at least according to measurements. She measured at just over 32 weeks and I and 31 weeks tomorrow) Her heart rate was at 140, which is always fun to hear. After my last appointment (2 weeks ago) I went to have the glucose screening done. I never heard back any results so I assumed no news is good news...WRONG! The first thing the nurse told me yesterday was that I didn't pass the one hour screening I had done a couple weeks prior. Not that it is a big deal; except it means that I have to go do a 3 hour one! And I thought the first was a painful waste of time! This time I am supposed to "fast" then have them take my blood, drink the nasty juice, wait an hour, have them take my blood again, wait another hour, take my blood again, wait another hour, and then take my blood one final time. So all together I will be there more than 3 hours! Anyone wanna go with me?! :) I have a feeling this is just a "better safe then sorry" test, because I really don't think I have the gestational diabetes, but we will see. I hope I don't anyways...

Well, other then that there wasn't much to report. I will post more info when I get the results.

1 comments:

Grandma said...

Hopefully everything will be normal. I had that NASTY tasting test done with Joshua and the 3 hour came out fine even though the screening showed high levels. Take a good book, or a nap. :)