BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Momma Needs Some Sleep!

It has been a little over 2 weeks since I have been able to sleep the whole night through. It makes me more and more tired during the day, and I am beginning wonder if I will ever sleep a whole night through again!!! When I first got pregnant and wasn’t sleeping well, I just took Tylenol PM. It seemed to make me sleep well, but I didn’t really like taking it every night. I was afraid it would become addicting and I didn’t want to always have to have it. I also think it is what was causing my headaches during the day. Since I quit taking it at night, I haven’t had as many headaches during the day; however, I don’t sleep well at night. I am not even sure what wakes me up. But every time I wake up, I have to go to the bathroom, which wakes me up even more! I don’t think it is Rachel waking me up, my body just “wakes up.” Leaving me very tired the next morning and throughout the day. I imagine this is normal, but it’s really wearing me down. Does anybody have any suggestions that don’t include meds?!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The only thing I ever heard was to exercise enough to make yourself a bit tired, and stay up a little later then normal.. so that you are more tired when you do go to bed.

Kelly T said...

My suggestion is to have that baby. You won't get uninterrupted sleep, but then you have your body back (mostly) and can sleep better when you do sleep.

Jessica said...

No suggestions, guess we should have told you to sleep more last month... hehehehehe! And unlike Kelly, I think interrupted sleep from new baby was the hardest for me! You know me, I need LONG stretches! Good luck and I guess I like mom's idea about exercising and staying up later. I actually went walking last night (it is finally cool enough here) and I slept better than I have in the past week in general!

Krista said...

Welcome to the end of pregnancy. If you were sleeping through the night until 2 weeks ago, I think you did pretty good. Tylenol PM never worked for me. My advice is to make sure you NEVER take a nap during the day. You will probably still wake up but maybe you won't stay awake. (I would wake up for no reason and be up for 2 or 3 hours). Sorry, but it will be over soon. Like Kelly, I have slept better since Kate was born. But, she is a good sleeper so far. Good luck! I hope you can find something that helps you sleep!

Grandma said...

My suggestion: Get a paper route. :) LOL

GGma said...

How did you like your Mom's suggestion? ;-)

Kayla said...

Grandma Oakley takes the cake. :)