BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 20, 2011

The Approval Rating Of The Backyard Just Went Up!

For quite some time we have wanted to get a swing set/fort outdoor play set, but they are just soooo expensive. New they cost somewhere between $500 and $2500, depending on which model you want. The kind we wanted was right in the middle...1500 smack-a-roos! Needless to say,the quite sometime kept getting longer and longer. I'd look on CL, but they were still just too much for us to pay. Even used, people were selling them for $600-$900! Nevertheless, I scouted CL every day...eventually I hit the JACKPOT! At about 10:30pm on a Friday someone posted exactly what we wanted for $350! It said to call, but I wasn't looking at the ads until almost 12:30am, so instead of calling, I just emailed and left my number saying we could for sure pick it up the next day. I got up early the next morning hoping to have a response and there was none. At this point (7:30am) I decided to text because "normal" people are up at this time of day, right? :) Well, he must have been an "abnormal" like me because I didn't get a call back until 9:45am, but at least it was a call to say I was the first person to inquire and I could come pick it up! It was quite the project to take it apart, haul it, unload, and reassemble, but soooo worth it. Rachel is in heaven and we go out almost daily. Noah obviously can't climb yet, but thoroughly enjoys his time in the swing, just as his sis did at that age. I'm sure this addition will be fun for several more years and I am so glad to have it. I don't know who's more excited...Momma or Rachel?! :)








3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It sure is a fun set! I am happy for you all.

GGma said...

Looks great! Rachel and Noah should be able to play on that for a long time. And it is always good to find a bargain! ;-)

Amanda said...

I am so jealous---it is awesome! What a deal!!! =) Bet your kiddos are in heaven!