BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fireworks

The Fourth of July is one of Daddy's favorite holidays...because he actually gets to legally blow stuff up! :) I enjoy the holiday too, but not near as much as he does...

Last night we drove out to Goddard to watch Uncle Joshua play 2 baseball games. (They won both and he hit 2 triples and 2 doubles! Way to Go!) After the game we (Momma, Daddy,Baby Girl,Uncle Joshua, Gma Oakley, and Gpa Oakley) went to the a Wholesale Fireworks stand. I was excited because I had 5 different coupons to use; Daddy was excited because there was so much stuff to choose from! I kid you not, his eyes lit up and he carried stuff around, arms full! He looks like a little kid in a candy store! But it was a lot of fun. We came away with quite a bit of stuff. I told Daddy before we went in we were not going to spend more than $200. As his arms got fuller and fuller, I started to get concerned. We got everything to the register (Gma Oakley also carried a basket full) and I dreaded the bill. I thought for sure we had spent over the "fireworks budget," but to my surprise we had spent less. We only spent a little over $156!! (it must have been my coupons that SAVED US! :) Pictured below is what we got! We can't wait until the 4th!




1 comments:

GGma said...

Sorry I missed the 4th of July celebration. :-( Had to watch my fireworks on TV this year. Pretty, but not very exciting.