BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dr. Appointment

Went to the doctor again on Monday. She said everything is looking good. And she was "impressed" I was dilated to 1 at 36 weeks and 4 days! She now doesn't even think I am going to make it until the induction that is set for November 20th! I'm not sure I am going to make it a few more days! Contractions have been somewhat consistent since last night, but then they stop and the spread a little further and then get closer together...bla bla bla. I think Rachel is just teasing me. Gma Oakley keeps assuring me this is completely normal and I should stay home until I just can't stand it anymore. (remember this advice is coming from a women who has had 6 kids and stood the pain without an epidural with any of them expect 1 b/c she had to have a c-section! I think Gma thinks I am a weeny! :) She has been helpful and a good sport as I have texted/called her at 5:15am the past 2 mornings! She just keeps telling me to wait and go back to sleep. Some are worse then others, but I guess she knows what she is talking about. I don't trust anyone about this subject more then her! We'll wait it out. But hopefully the contractions will continue and Rachel will be here in the next few days, but who knows...I guess they could stop at any point and not come back for several! We will hope for the first scenario! :)

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I do know that you will be more comfortable at home as long as you can stand it. At least you don't have people poking and proding around on while you are at home. Oh wait, what about that chair? HA HA. I'll let you decide if you want to tell that story. :) I love you. It won't be long. Remember, I picked today. You better hurry.

Unknown said...

Your mom is definitely a knowledgeable woman on the subject :) and most of the time contractions tend to stop and baby moves great and everything is Normal and Fine when you do finally go to get check. Silly babies tease and tease for the last 2-3 weeks! Hang in there!

Amanda said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see pics of sweet Rachel once she is here. Isn't staying home wonderful??? ;-)

GGma said...

Won't be long now. GGpa was hoping for his B-day and that would have been great but I am still betting on the 10th!